Wednesday, June 11, 2014

How do I call an American cell phone that is located in Ireland?

I will be traveling in Ireland. How would I tell someone in the US to call me (emergency) on my cell while I'm in Ireland? My assumption is 011 353 usareacode 7digitUSnumber. Seems logical to me but I don't seem to get the right person at Verizon who knows for sure.

#
Your account is your account regardless of where the phone happens to physically be. So the U.S. caller would call your number like usual without international or different country codes. It is you who gets to pay through the nose for the international roaming for your phone in Ireland to connect to your U.S. account. 
Well, that is if it can roam at all there. With a CDMA phone, I don't know whether it can. 
The international and country codes would apply if instead of roaming you buy a prepaid phone there.

No comments:

Post a Comment